SBS (Smart Belt Scale)
All Dosing granular Flow measurement granular Dosing powder Flow measurement powder Light materials Controllers & electronic Static weighing Calibration chain
Conveyor belt scale
The Smart Belt Scale is a conveyor belt scale specially designed for rugged outdoor environments such as quarries, gravel processing and mining. It is also well suited for any manufacturing process using conveyor belts, including: cement, fertilizer, chemical, tobacco, agro-food, etc… It is designed for easy installation which can be done by the customer’s own maintenance staff.
Need more information ?
- Flowrate calculation
- Dosing of all materials conveyed on a belt conveyor
Weighing parallelogram principle
All our belt scales are equipped with loadcells mounted in a parallelogram device. This parallelogram is geometrically designed to compensate the overload naturally applied if the charge is off set from the weighing point.
The further is the charge, the higher is the mechanical deformation of the parallelogram in proportion to the overload due to lever eff ect.
As a result, a charge is measured properly no matter its transversal position on the belt.
- A single model adapts to all conveyor types and a wide range of widths.
- Easy alignment of the weighbridge.
- No special tooling required.
- Totally prewired with cables and connectors supplied for error-free installation.
- All operational parameters are pass word protected with 2 levels of security (hardware and software).
Entirely modular construction (height and width)
- Accuracy : ± 0,2-0,5 %
- Discharge totalization
- No field calibration ever required (with digital load cells)
- Easy installation thanks to the state-of-the-art mechanical design
- High performances
Smart Belt Scale, Single, Twin and Double (Multi-Station):
Depending on the application (high belt speed and / or flow rate), up to four single idler SBS can be combined to be used as a multi idlers beltscale.The SBS are connected to the same controller. Only one speed sensor is required, either a friction wheel speed pick-up or an incremental encoder mounted on the return drum.
- 3 Configurable isolated digital outputs with programable thresholds: totalizer, alarm, horn
- 1 Configurable isolated 0/4-20 mA analog output for either: flowrate, current weight, speed, load per meter
- 2 Configurable isolated digital inputs: out of range acknowledgement, totalizer reset.
Isolated serial communication :
- Modbus, Ethernet ModbusTCP, Profibus DP - for connection with a PLC or host computer.
Dimensions and weight
|Distance between girders|
|Belt width approx.||Weight of mechanics|
|Weight of electronics|
|Total weight packed|
|SBS 2||H||-||145 mm||390 - 500 mm||200 - 350 mm||34 kg||3.4 kg||54 kg|
|SBS 3||H||-||145 mm||500 - 600 mm||350 -450 mm||38 kg||3.4 kg||58 kg|
|SBS 4||H||-||145 mm||600 - 800 mm||450 - 650 mm||42 kg||3.4 kg||62 kg|
|SBS 5||H||-||145 mm||800 - 1000 mm||650 -850 mm||50 kg||3.4 kg||70 kg|
|SBS 6||H||-||145 mm||1000 - 1300 mm||850 - 1150 mm||60 kg||3.4 kg||80 kg|
|SBS 7||H||-||145 mm||1300 - 1600 mm||1050 - 1350 mm||70 kg||3.4 kg||90 kg|
|SBS 7 TWIN||H||-||145 mm||1400 - 1600 mm||1050 - 1350 mm||75 kg||3.4 kg||120 kg|
|SBS 8 TWIN||H||-||145 mm||1600 - 1900 mm||1350 - 1650 mm||82 kg||3.4 kg||128 kg|
|SBS 9 TWIN||H||-||145 mm||1900 -2200 mm||1650 - 1950 mm||97 kg||3.4 kg||145 kg|
|SBS 10 TWIN||H||-||145 mm||2200 - 2500 mm||1950 - 2250 mm||102 kg||3.4 kg||160 kg|
- Heating device for temp. as low as -45°C (-49°F)
- Fertilizer version with special anti corrosion surface treatment and protection of terminal box and screw terminals
- Ex protection version